Recipe by BurtonFanatic
On the grill your favorite fresh fruit picks up new and unique flavor! From SparkPeople.com. Cook time is chill time.
- 8 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries, sweetened
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 strawberries, halved
- 4 peaches, quartered
- 8 pineapple chunks
- 4 plums, halved
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, purée cheese, strawberries, yogurt and ginger together until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before grilling fruit.
- When ready to grill fruit, thread pieces of prepared fruit onto 8 skewers.
- Mix together vinegar and sugar.
- Grill fruit until lightly browned, turning frequently and brushing with vinegar mixture during grilling.
- Serve grilled fruit with sauce on side.