Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
i adapted this recipe from another site. easy summer meal.
Make and share this Grilled Flank Steak With Lime-chipotle Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 680.38 g flank steaks or 680.38 g tri-tip steak, scored slightly in a crosswise pattern
- 177.44 ml honey
- 44.37-59.16 ml chipotle chiles in adobo, minced,to taste
- 59.16 ml Dijon mustard
- 177.44 ml lime juice
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 3.69 ml ground allspice
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 118.29-236.59 ml cilantro, chopped,to taste
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Mix honey with chilies, mustard, lime juice, garlic, cumin, allspice and cilantro.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Marinate steak at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Drain off marinade into small saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Grill or barbecue steak, basting with marinade, 5- minutes per side, according to preference.
- Slice steak against the grain and pour remaining marinade over meat.
Wonderful flavor! So easy to put the marinade together. I didn't have enought lime juice and substituted some orange juice. About 1/2 lime and 1/2 orange juices. Fantastic! I put this together in the morning and let it marinate all day. We served with black bean and corn salad, warm tortillas and mexican rice. Wonderful meal - thanks for a great, easy recipe!
Delicious! I read the other reviews and decided to cut the marinade by half. I only had a 1 1/4 pound flank steak. The sauce was great! It was my first time cooking with the chipotle pepper. When I first made the marinade, it didn't seem too spicy (so I added the full amt of chipotle in the marinade). It was sweet and right after the sweetness, the spiciness kicked in (I think I was too generous with the smoked jalapeno). All in all, I liked the taste of it, makes me think of spicy bbq sauce, but better. I will definitely be making it again. Since there is lime juice in here, I think it "cooked" the steak a bit, so when I pan fried the flank steak I overcooked it a bit, but the sauce was still wonderful. Next time I will cook less time. Thanks for a great marinade. I can't wait to try this on chicken.
Absolutely delicious! I had large chipotles and added 2 tsp of the adobe sauce. Whewheee!!! Spicy!! This is one of those "great" recipes that will be handed down. Loved the slightly blackened, sweet but spicy crust. We absolutely adored this. It's spicy, but has a kick and sweetness that is just delicious. We'll definitely make this one again, thanks for sharing!