Recipe by TXOLDHAM
Had this one in my stash for a long time and wanted to make sure I didn't lose it. Flank steak is so tasty and affordable. This is one way to use it. Time does not include marinating time.
- 2 lbs flank steaks
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 -4 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups salad greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinade: Stir together onion and remaining ingredients. Fresh lemon juice can be substituted for vinegar.
- Place steak in a heavy-duty zip-lock bag and add the marinade. Seal bag and chill 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove steak from marinade and grill, covered with grill lid over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes each side or to desired degree of doneness. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin strips. Serve over salad greens with Horseradish sauce.
- Horseradish Sauce: Mix together sour cream and remaining ingredients.