Grilled Eggplant with Garlic-Cumin Vinaigrette, Feta & Herbs
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small shallot, very finely diced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed, lightly toasted and ground
- kosher salt
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1Make the vinaigrette:.
- 2With a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic and a pinch of salt to a paste.
- 3Combine the garlic paste and 1 tbs of the lemon juice in a bowl and let sit for 10 minute.
- 4Combine the shallot with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice and a pinch of salt in another small bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
- 5Whisk the olive oil, cumin, and cayenne into the garlic mixture. Season to taste with salt or cayenne, if necessary.
- 6Grill the eggplant:.
- 7Prepare a medium-high charcoal or gas grill fire.
- 8Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with olive oil and season with salt.
- 9Grill (covered on a gas grill; uncovered on a charcoal grill), 3 to 4 minutes.
- 10Turn the eggplant and grill until tender and well marked on the second sides, 3 to 4 minutes more.The interior should be grayish and soft rather than white and hard.
- 11Top grilled eggplant slices with the shallots, feta, and herbs. Whisk the vinaigrette and drizzle it on top. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Eggplant With Garlic-Cumin Vinaigrette, Feta & Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.0
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 109.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g