Recipe by Foxfire13
Quite possibly Hannah Swensen's very best mistake recipe! Simple and delicious!
Top Review by Starrynews
Delicious! I also love the Hannah Swenson series, and was quite intrigued by this recipe when I saw it. It comes out so nicely. I used a gluten free white bread and reduced fat cream cheese. Lovely served with some tomato soup. Thanks for sharing! PAC Spring '11
- 2 slices white bread (,take your pick) or 2 slices eggs, breat (,take your pick) or 2 slices whole wheat bread (,take your pick)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1 package of chilled block not softened or whipped)
- 4 slices butter (softened)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter two slices of bread. Place one slice buttered side down on a piece of waxed paper. Cut slices of cream cheese approximately 1/2 inch thick to cover surface of bread. Put the other slice of bread on top, buttered side up.
- Preheat a frying pan on the stove. Using a spatula, place your sandwich in the pan. Fry it uncovered until the bottom turns golden brown. (You can test it by lifting it up just a bit with the spatula.) Flip the sandwich over and fry the other side until it's golden brown. Remove the sandwich from the frying pan, cut it into four pieces with a sharp knife, arrange it on a place and serve it immediately.