Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Haven been turned onto poblano chile's yet? Now's the time, you've gotta try this one! From Sunset.
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- 1 poblano chile
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped canned chipotle chile
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 1⁄2 cup slivered sweet onion, rinsed, patted dry
- Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). Rub corn and poblano with 1 tablespoons oil. Grill both, turning occasionally, until poblano is mostly blackened, 5 to 10 minutes and some corn kernels have browned, 10 to 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Working with one at a time, stand corncobs in a large bowl and slice down the sides; the bowl corrals flying kernels. Peel and seed poblano, cut into 1/2-in. pieces and add to corn.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining 2 tablespoons oil with the lime juice, chipotle chile and salt.
- Stir avocado, cilantro and onion into corn mixture along with chipotle dressing.