Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Charring the jalapeno eases the heat, and having a not too spicy butter.
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 7 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ears corn, shucked
- Preheat grill to medium high heat, and place jalapeno on grill rack coated with cooking spray, cover and grill 10 minutes, or until blackened, turning occasionally.
- Place jalapeno in a small paper bag, and fold tightly to seal.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Peel and discard skins, and cut jalapeno in half lengthwise, and discard stem, seeds, and membranes.
- Finely chop jalapeno.
- Combine jalapeno, butter, lime rind, honey, and salt in a small bowl, and stir well.
- Place corn on grill rack, cover and grill for 10 minutes, or until lightly charred, turning occasionally.
- Place corn on serving plate and brush with jalaoeno butter.
Wonderful flavored spread! The jalapeno honey combo with a hint of lime was very nice on our fresh sweet corn. Made as written but think next time will add just a little bite more lime. Thanks for the post.
This is a nice spread that could be used on many vegetables such as asparagus, brussels sprouts, etc.
Mmmm, this was good. I scaled it down for one ear of corn and loved the hot and sweet taste! Will be made again. Thanks! Made for PRMR game.