Recipe by Kaccy G.
Summer times is a great time to break out the grill and start cooking! Mesquite wood gives this corn an AWESOME taste. Another Tex-Mex recipe! Prep time includes soaking.
- 12 fresh ears of corn, in their husks (dark yellow variety)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon bolner jalapeno seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon gebhardt chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups mesquite wood chips, soaked in water 15 minutes
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel back the husks and carefully remove all the corn silk (strings).
- Bring the husks back up around the corn and tie with kitchen string.
- Soak the corn in cold water for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the margarine, jalapeno salt, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Mix with a fork until well blended.
- After draining the water from the mesquite chips, add the chips to a medium heat grill.
- Cook the corn for about 30 minutes, turning with a pair of tongs about every 5 minutes.
- Remove corn from the fire, peel back the husks and brush on the margarine mixture using a 1" pastry brush.