Recipe by Bec
A new recipe I received in my email today! This needs time to marinate in the fridge though, so plan ahead!
Top Review by djmastermum
Thank you for sharing this recipe. The flavours were fresh and refreshing. Even while making the marinade I knew it would be good, the marinade was sooo yummy it was lucky it got the chance to marinate the chook! I will be making this again!
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt or 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1 avocado
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 warm flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- For the chicken: Mix all the ingredients except the chicken in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken to the mixture and coat evenly.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill or broiler.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the marinade to protect against cross-contamination.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on the grill or under the broiler and cook until the juices run clear, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- In the meantime, peel, core and chop the avocado.
- Place the avocado in a clean bowl and toss it with the lime juice quickly so that it doesn't discolor.
- Add the tomatoes, onion and cilantro.
- Add the jalapeño peppers and salt to taste.
- Serve the salsa on top of the chicken with the warm tortillas on the side.