Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 15 mins
Got this easy to make recipe from www.marthastewart.com and my family fell in LOVE with it! All kids ages 3-16 enjoyed this tasty shrimp marinade. Grilling jicama brings out its natural sweetness, but don't overcook it or it will lose it's crunch! (Prep time includes marinade time)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice (from about 4 limes)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 jalapeno chile, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails intact)
- 1 small jicama, peeled sliced 1/2 inch thick, and cut into triangles
- For the kebabs: Puree oil, lime zest and juice, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, and salt in a blender or food processor. Combine marinade and shrimp. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. (If you are using a charcoal grill, coals are ready when you can hold your hand 5 inches above grill for just 3 or 4 seconds.) Thread shrimp onto 6 skewers. Discard marinade. Thread jicama onto 6 more skewers. Grill shrimp until opaque and slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Grill jicama for 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter.