Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
photo by SharonChen
- Ready In:
6 Kabob Skewers
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing (zesty or regular)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 fresh garlic clove, crushed
- 1 dash dried cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb large shrimp (tails on)
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper
- Emeril's Original Essence or creole spices
- 1 large poblano peppers (optional) or 1 large jalapeno pepper (optional)
- You can use tomato, onion or other vegetables also.
- Mix the marinade in a ziploc bag, add shrimp, shake to coat.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Soak the skewers in salt water to soften so they will not burn.
- Cut up the vegetables into large enough pieces to place on skewers.
- Remove shrimp from bag.
- Place left over marinade into a bowl for brushing on kabobs as they grill.
- Alternate adding vegetables and shrimp to skewers.
- Place kabobs on cooking sheet.
- Sprinkle with Essence or a dash of cayenne pepper or creole spices to add zing.
- Place Kabobs on the grill away from fire (we use mesquite to add smokie flavor).
- Brush Shrimp and Vegies with leftover Marinade as they cook.
- Cook until vegies are tender, approximately 3-5 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately!
- Great with salad or rice dishes.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born and raised in Pueblo, Colorado. I moved to Corpus Christi, Texas in 1998. I enjoy camping, sewing and gardening. My husband and I love to cook. We are always trying new recipes and adding to old ones. We BBQ every weekend and always have a crowd of friends over to taste our creations! Usually we are watching Nascar and/or football while we BBQ! I am a Denver Bronco Fan, but I also like the Houston Texans.