Recipe by riffraff
Guilty Pleasure number 2,438. The better quality the chocolate the better the sandwich although this is delicious even with a Hersey bar or some left over chocolate chips, lol.
Top Review by Pinot Grigio
I love guilty pleasures - and this is such a great idea! I had a chocolate craving tonite and I had some leftover Italian bread and it was late so I didn't feel like getting the panini maker out. This did the trick. I used a plain old Hershey bar and drizzled a little honey over it and added some sliced bananas as well. I am so full now...:) - thanks riffraff!
- 2 slices of firm bread
- 2 -3 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over low heat and swirl each half of the bread, one side only, in the butter.
- Place the piece of bread, buttery side down in skillet.
- Layer with chocolate pieces.
- Top with the other piece of bread, buttery side up and raise heat.
- Cook exactly as you would an ordinary grilled cheese sandwich, pressing down on the bread occasionally and flipping after the first side browns.
- Remove when the second side is golden brown and the chocolate has melted.
- Cool slightly and eat.