1/2 Photos of Grilled Chili Chicken
Hot and Spicy, just the way I like it! Plus its on the grill, which is one of my favorite ways to cook. Decrease the amount of jalapeno pepper if you can't handle the heat. You may be able to decrease the amount of red bell pepper depending on the size of your chicken breasts and the size of your bell peppers. Prep and cooking time does not include the 1 hour marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- 3 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 chicken breast halves, skinned and boned (about 2 1/2 lbs)
- 6 large red bell peppers, cut in half
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1Combine the chili powder, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, and 2 tbsp olive oil; stir well. Brush the chili mixture on both sides of the chicken breasts. Place in a shallow dish; cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- 2Grill the chicken over hot coals (400 to 500 degrees) for 5-6 minutes on each side or until the chicken is done. Arrange the chicken on a serving platter; set aside, and keep warm.
- 3Brush the skin of the red bell peppers with 1 tbsp olive oil. Grill the peppers, cut side up, over medium coals (300 to 350 degrees) for 6 to 8 minutes or until charred. Cut the peppers into thin strips; set aside.
- 4Saute onion, jalapeno pepper, and garlic in the remaining 1 1/2 tsp olive oil in a large skillet until the onion is tender. Add the reserved sweet red pepper strips; stir well. Add the cilantro and the remaining 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar; stir well. Remove from heat. Spoon the pepper mixture over the hot chicken. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chili Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.2
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 77.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 17.2 g