Prep 8 hrs
Cook 12 mins
You may use mild or spicy Italian sausages, plan ahead the patties must be chilled for a minimum of 8 hours or 24 hours before grilling, chili sauce can be found next to the ketchup in any major grocery store, I use Heinz brand for this --- these burgers will remain red while grilling so for proper cooking time it is best to use an instant-read thermometor
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage (casings removed)
- 1⁄3 cup Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients into a bowl.
- Mix using clean hands until combined.
- Shape into 8 balls then flatten into patties (or make 6 larger patties).
- Place the patties onto a large plate/s.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8-24 hours.
- Set grill to high.
- Using your finger press a hole into the middle of each patty almost to the bottom but not all the way through (this will prevent the burgers from puffing up into a meatball shape while cooking).
- Grill the patties about 5-6 minutes on each side for the smaller patty (cooking time will vary, depending on the thickness of your burger).
- Serve on buns with favorite condiments.
FANTASTIC. What a flavorful and easy burger. This was so tastey and moist. I topped with cheddar and swiss and fresh garden tomaotes. Thanks Kitten for another WINNER!!