Recipe by mmm...donuts
Made this for dinner tonight--it is sort of a "throw together" with what I had on hand. I'm posting for two reasons: so I'll remember how to make it and to get the calorie information.
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into medium strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat penne
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons herbes de provence
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken to a thickness of 1/2 an inch.
- Combine 2 cloves garlic, 1 T crushed red pepper, and 2 T Herbes de Provence in a small bowl.
- Rub garlic mixture into both sides of each chicken breast.
- Season both sides of each breast with salt and pepper.
- Cover chicken and leave in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Steam or boil broccoli for 2 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Grill chicken over med-high heat, about 4 minutes per side. Place chicken on a plate, cover with aluminum foil, and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta boils, cook remaining garlic and onion over medium heat until softened.
- Add wine, broth, basil, marjoram, and the remaining crushed pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer until reduced.
- Add red pepper and cook for a minute or two.
- Add broccoli and cook until re-heated.
- Drain pasta and add to veggie mixture.
- Divide pasta between 2 plates. Top with chicken, pine nuts, and parmesan cheese.