Posted for ZWT. From Best of Gourmet 1998. Times to do include time to marinate the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 3 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup whole-milk yogurt, plain
- 2 tablespoons whole milk yogurt
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, peeled, chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 252 inches bamboo skewers
- zucchini raita
- lime wedge
- 1In an electric coffee/spice grinder finely grind cumin seeds and cloves.
- 2In a blender blend ground spices with remaining marinade ingredients until smooth.
- 3MARINATE CHICKEN:
- 4Cut chicken breasts crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips and in a large sealable plastic bag combine with marinade.
- 5Seal bag, pressing out excess air, and turn bag several times to coat chicken well.
- 6Marinate chicken at least 1 day and up to 2.
- 8White chicken is marinating, soak skewers in water at least 1 hour.
- 9Prepare grill (or preheat oven to its highest temperature, 500 to 550 degrees F.).
- 10Oil grill rack (or lightly oil a shallow roasting pan large enough to hold the skewers in one layer.).
- 11Remove skewers from water and pat dry.
- 12Thread 1 piece chicken lengthwise onto each skewer and grill on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals, turning over once, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- 13(Alternatively, in a lightly oiled shallow roasting pan arrange skewers in one layer and roast in middle of oven.).
- 14SERVE skewers with raita and lime wedges if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Skewers (Tandoori Murghi)
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.7
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 372.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 12.9 g