Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted for ZWT. From Best of Gourmet 1998. Times to do include time to marinate the chicken.
Make and share this Grilled Chicken Skewers (Tandoori Murghi) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 3 whole cloves
- 1⁄4 cup whole-milk yogurt, plain
- 2 tablespoons whole milk yogurt
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, peeled, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 252 inches bamboo skewers
- zucchini raita
- lime wedge
- In an electric coffee/spice grinder finely grind cumin seeds and cloves.
- In a blender blend ground spices with remaining marinade ingredients until smooth.
- MARINATE CHICKEN:
- Cut chicken breasts crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips and in a large sealable plastic bag combine with marinade.
- Seal bag, pressing out excess air, and turn bag several times to coat chicken well.
- Marinate chicken at least 1 day and up to 2.
- White chicken is marinating, soak skewers in water at least 1 hour.
- Prepare grill (or preheat oven to its highest temperature, 500 to 550 degrees F.).
- Oil grill rack (or lightly oil a shallow roasting pan large enough to hold the skewers in one layer.).
- Remove skewers from water and pat dry.
- Thread 1 piece chicken lengthwise onto each skewer and grill on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals, turning over once, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- (Alternatively, in a lightly oiled shallow roasting pan arrange skewers in one layer and roast in middle of oven.).
- SERVE skewers with raita and lime wedges if desired.