Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Toss aside your peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, little kids, and see how the big kids like their peanut butter! :)
- 1⁄2 cup unhomogenized unsweetened peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 scallion, sliced,for garnish
- In saucepan cook peanut butter, water, soy sauce, garlic, lemon juice, brown sugar, ginger, and red pepper over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Cool sauce, and remove and discard garlic from sauce.
- Divide sauce into two parts.
- Cut chicken into 1" strips, threading onto metal skewers.
- If bamboo skewers are used, soak for 20-30 minutes before using.
- Oil grid on grill with non-stick spray before heating.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium-hot heat, 6-8 minutes, turning once.
- Baste with half sauce during cooking and serve with remaining sauce garnished with sliced scallions.
Thanks for a simple and effective recipe Sue, which I used for pork fillet rather than chicken. I took about a quater of the sauce, rubbed it into the thinly sliced fillets, then left them stand for about 1 hour before I cooked them. They cooked in about 4 minutes, so no need to baste them. I also used your peanut sauce over gado gado that I made on the night.
What fabulous taste!!! All the taste of traditional satay without a trip to your local Thai restaurant. I did not, however, have the grill out on the day I made this recipe. I chose instead to cut up some boneless, skinless chicken breast and cook until no longer pink. I then added all the peanut sauce and simmered for 10 minutes. I served it with rice and the Oriental Cucumber recipe also found on this website. I'm looking forward to actually trying this recipe on the grill.
These were excellent and easy to prepare. The only thing I did different was to marinate the kabobs in the peanut sauce for a couple of hours. We love the flavor and wanted to infuse the chicken. They were delicious!