1/1 Photo of Grilled Chicken Satay
Sue Lau's Note:
Toss aside your peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, little kids, and see how the big kids like their peanut butter! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unhomogenized unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 scallion, sliced,for garnish
- 1In saucepan cook peanut butter, water, soy sauce, garlic, lemon juice, brown sugar, ginger, and red pepper over medium heat for 1 minute.
- 2Cool sauce, and remove and discard garlic from sauce.
- 3Divide sauce into two parts.
- 4Cut chicken into 1" strips, threading onto metal skewers.
- 5If bamboo skewers are used, soak for 20-30 minutes before using.
- 6Oil grid on grill with non-stick spray before heating.
- 7Grill chicken, covered, over medium-hot heat, 6-8 minutes, turning once.
- 8Baste with half sauce during cooking and serve with remaining sauce garnished with sliced scallions.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Satay
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.2
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 1294.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 35.4 g