Recipe by MarieRynr
In the summer you just can't beat grilled chicken. This fresh salsa is a wonderful accompaniment and a perfect go with for those hot summer nights, when your garden is bursting to the seams with all those lovely tomatoes. Recipe is easily doubled or tripled for larger groups.
Top Review by aforce273
This is an delicious recipe, which I found in one of my fine cooking magazines (great magazines). It's quick and easy. I used grape tomatoes, which were more expensive, but I don't think there is much of a taste difference between grape and cherry tomatoes. I'm sure with either, this recipe would still taste great. It's also good for left overs, cold or hot. I suggest this recipe.
- 8 ounces small cherry tomatoes or 8 ounces yellow cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered,depending on size
- 2 tablespoons chopped drained sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 2 teaspoons drained capers, roughly chopped if large
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lightly chjopped fresh thyme leaves, plus
- fresh thyme sprig (to garnish) (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves, rinsed and patted dry,tenderloins removed,and butterflied
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the cherry tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, capers, garlic, sherry vinegar, 1 tsp of the thyme, 3 TBS of the olive oil, 1/4 tsp salt and a few grinds of pepper.
- Set aside, stirring occasionally to let the flavours combine.
- Heat a gas grill to high.
- Put the chicken in a shallow pan or plate.
- Rub the chicken all over with the salt (about 1/2 tsp per piece), a few grinds of pepper, and the remaining 1 tsp thyme.
- Drizzle 1/2 teaspoons olive oil over each side of each pice of chicken and rub all over.
- Lay the butterflied breasts on the hot grill grates and cook, covered until the chicken has grill marks,about1 1/2 minutes.
- Flip the breasts and cook the second side in the same way for for a little less time, grilling for 1 minute in one direction, and 1 minute in another, until cooked through.
- Transfer the breasts to two warm serving plates, stir the tomato mixture and spoon equal amounts over each piece of chicken, garnishing with a sprig of thyme if you like.