1/1 Photo of Grilled Chicken Breasts With Chimichurri Sauce
WI Cheesehead's Note:
This is from the local paper. I've tried chimichurri sauce once and like it, so I want to try this one. The paper suggests to make the breasts all uniform size for even cooking: pound between sheets of waxed paper with a rolling pin, meat pounder or bottom of a heavy pot. Prep. time does not include marinading time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 medium garlic cloves, peeled and dark ends removed
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, stems removed
- 3/4 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (divided)
- 1/4 cup water or 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar or 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed hot pepper flakes (to taste)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 whole boneless chicken breasts, halved and flattened
- 1To make chimichurri sauce: In food processor fitted with metal blade, puree garlic.
- 2Add parsley and process until finely chopped.
- 3Add 3/4 cup oil, vinegar, water or chicken broth, and seasonings, and process.
- 4Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary. It should be very flavorful and spicy.
- 5For marinade: In small mixing bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of the chimichurri sauce, with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and mix until smooth; taste for seasoning.
- 6Place chicken breasts in a sealable bag and pour in marinade, making sure marinade is evenly distributed.
- 7Zip bag and refrigerate 1/2 hour to 4 hours.
- 8Prepare barbecue for medium-heat grilling.
- 9Remove chicken from marinade and grill about 3 inches from flame, 7 to 10 minutes on each side or until no pink color is showing.
- 10Place on platter and serve with sauce on the side.
- 11Advance prep. tip: The sauce can be made up to 6 days ahead, covered and refrigerated. Remove from fridge half an hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Breasts With Chimichurri Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.4
- Calories from Fat 377
- Total Fat 41.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 93.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 30.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar