Ailsa of New Zealand's Note:
Just a nice way to cook chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the soy sauce and dry mustard powder together in a china or glass container to form a marinade. Add the honey, ginger, onion, garlic and star anise to the soy sauce mixture and leave to stand for at least 8 hours.
- 2When complate, coat the chicken with the mariande and leave for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally and basting.
- 3When ready to cook, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste over the chicken and grill or barbeque for 5-6 minutes.
- 4While the chicken is cooking, put the rest of the marinade in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- 5Turn the chicken over and cook for a further 5-6 minutes, basting with the marinade occasionally during the cooking.
- 6Note: Makes an excellent all-round low-fat marinade for lamb, pork and fish steaks.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken Breast With Oriental Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.3
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 1790.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 25.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: