1/1 Photo of Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwich
A quick and easy hot sandwich...I ate this almost every day when I was in school.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a sauté pan cook onion slice until softened and starting to caramelize.
- 2Butter one side each of the bread slices.
- 3Build sandwich like a traditional grilled cheese, 1 slice bread butter side down, cheese slice, onions and tomato, cheese slice, and bread slice butter side up.
- 4Place in sauté pan over medium heat and cook for 3 minutes.
- 5Flip sandwich over, if you have a panini press now is the time to use it! If not, pressing down firmly with a spatula works well also. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- 6Cut in half and sprinkle with sea salt.
- 7Be careful, tomatoes will be hot!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 694.8
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 89.3 mg
- Sodium 1212.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 25.9 g