Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Stuffed jalapeno peppers are wrapped in marinated chicken breasts. Tasty bacon seals the deal for a tasty, grilled tropical dinner, pair with a spicy rice dish!
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian dressing, use fat-free to cut calories
- 3 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 3 ounces soft low-fat, cream cheese
- 6 slices bacon
- Place chicken breasts in a dish with the Italian dressing. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Stuff each jalapeno half with cream cheese. Roll chicken breasts around jalapeno peppers. Wrap each chicken breast with a slice of bacon. Secure with toothpicks.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Arrange wrapped chicken breasts on the prepared grill. Cook for 20 minutes, turning frequently, or until bacon is browned and the chicken juices run clear.
Loved it! And it came out perfectly juicy and delicious! (DH may have had something to do with that, as he is 'grill MASTER!' I'll be making this again and again, and may change the cream cheese stuffing (adding bacon and/or cheese) just a little. Thanks so much for sharing a wonderful recipe, CaliforniaJan!
Oh WOW. I made one breast for myself this evening and it was instant love. Have to say that it was fun pounding the chicken flat as a pancake too. A popper inside a chicken breast! really, whats not to love? Tastes yummy, and I mean lots of flavor, plus you feel so calm after dinner. :D
My husband loves this chicken recipe and he keeps bugging me to fix it for him. I use low fat dressing and reduced fat cream cheese to keep it healthier, but the applewood bacon is a must. In my opinion it makes it special and adds a lot of smokey flavor. This will be my go to chicken recipe this summer when we grill outside.