Recipe by CaliforniaJan
Stuffed jalapeno peppers are wrapped in marinated chicken breasts. Tasty bacon seals the deal for a tasty, grilled tropical dinner, pair with a spicy rice dish!
Top Review by alligirl
Loved it! And it came out perfectly juicy and delicious! (DH may have had something to do with that, as he is 'grill MASTER!' I'll be making this again and again, and may change the cream cheese stuffing (adding bacon and/or cheese) just a little. Thanks so much for sharing a wonderful recipe, CaliforniaJan!
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian dressing, use fat-free to cut calories
- 3 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 3 ounces soft low-fat, cream cheese
- 6 slices bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breasts in a dish with the Italian dressing. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Stuff each jalapeno half with cream cheese. Roll chicken breasts around jalapeno peppers. Wrap each chicken breast with a slice of bacon. Secure with toothpicks.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Arrange wrapped chicken breasts on the prepared grill. Cook for 20 minutes, turning frequently, or until bacon is browned and the chicken juices run clear.