Recipe by Sharon123
A delicious summer side dish to make on the grill. Adapted from Cooking Light. Okra is also used alot in African cooking.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato juice
- 3 ears shucked corn, each cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1⁄2 lb okra
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the lime juice, cajun seasoning, lime rind, garlic, and tomato juice in a large zip-loc bag. Add vegetables and seal. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour, turning bag every so often.
- Prepare the grill(or you may use broiler). Remove vegetables from the bag, reserving the marinade. Thread the vegs. alternately onto each of 6 (12") skewers. Put kebabs on the grill rack coated with cooking spray, and cook 13 minutes or until tender, turning and basting often with the reserved marinade.
- Makes 6 servings.