Prep 1 hr
Cook 7 mins
If you love onions, you will love this, I can make a meal just on these onions alone lol! Make sure that you purchase small sweet baby onions for this. Plan ahead the onions need to marinade for about 1 hour. You can double the recipe if desired.
- 15 small baby onions (peeled and stem intact)
- 5 -6 wooden skewers
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon French's mustard (can use honey mustard)
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 2 teaspoons salt (or use white salt, or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- In a large glass bowl, mix/whisk all the marinade together until well combined (or process in a processor).
- Pour the marinade in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add in the peeled onions.
- Seal bag and marinade at room temperature for about 1 hour (turning the bag occasionally to coat the onions in marinade).
- Meanwhile soak the wooden skewers in cool water while the onions are marinating.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Remove the onions from marinade and thread about 3-4 onions per skewer (depending on the size of your onions).
- Place the onions on the grill and turn every minute to prevent them from burning (cook the onions for about 5-7 minutes).