Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cool idea to serve at your next party. Long instructions but definitely worth it.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons minced dried onion
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 4 slices cheese, cut into quarters
- 8 slices white bread, toasted and crusts trimmed, cut into quarters
- 2 small plum tomatoes, cut into thin slices (Roma)
- 16 dill pickle slices, thinly sliced
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- Mix together the beef, onion, parsley and salt.
- Divide into 16 portions.
- Shape each portion into a ball and flatten to a 1/2 inch thick patty about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Thread 4 patties horizontally on metal skewers, leaving space between each one.
- Place patties on the grill; cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes (turning once if necessary) or until no longer pink in the middle.
- Top each patty with a piece of cheese.
- Place each patty on a quarter piece of the toasted bread.
- Top the burgers with a pickle slice, a tomato slice and another toast square.
- Spear burgers with a toothpick to hold all the layers together.
- Serve with ketchup, mustard, mayo (or you can omit any of these and add any of your favorites) and thousand island salad (or whatever you prefer) dressing for dipping.