This complete side is made directly on the grill. Prep everything and let the cook/griller do the rest. Pretty and a wowzer. It will become the centerpiece of your meal. Recipe by Jamie Purviance. (Don't feel like making the vinaigrette, use a good-quality bottled brand.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar (can sub rice vinegar or white wine vinegar)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F) and preheat the grill pan.
- 2In a small bowl whisk together the mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Slowly add in the oil, whisking constantly until it is emulsified.
- 3Remove and discard the tough bottom of each asparagus spear by grasping at each end and bending it gently until it snaps at its natural point of tenderness, usually about two-thirds of the way down the spear.
- 4Spread the asparagus on a large plate. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette and turn the spears until they are evenly coated. (I lightly salt the asparagus at this point.) In a medium bowl toss the tomatoes and bread cubes with 2 tablespoons of the vinaigrette.
- 5Brush the cooking grates clean. Spread the tomatoes and bread cubes in a single layer on the grill pan and lay the asparagus on the cooking grate. Grill over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until the asparagus is tender, the tomatoes begin to soften, and the bread cubes are toasted, turning often. The asparagus will take 6 to 8 minutes and the tomatoes and bread cubes will take 2 to 4 minutes.
- 6Arrange the asparagus on a platter and top with the tomatoes, croutons, feta, and chives. Serve with the remaining vinaigrette.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Asparagus and Tomato Salad With Feta
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.0
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 484.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: