Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make ahead and delicious! Based on a Canadian Living recipe so you know it has to be good!
Make and share this Grilled Antipasto Platter recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggplants
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 2 zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 12 mushrooms
- olive oil
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese or 6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced thin
- 6 ounces assorted italian cold cuts such as ham or 6 ounces salami or 6 ounces mortadella, sliced thin
- 1 tomato, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup black olives
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut eggplant into 1/2 inch slices, place in colander and sprinkle with salt. Toss and let drain for 30 minutes.
- Place peppers on greased grill and grill over medium high heat, turning often, until charred. Let cool slightly(covered with saran wrap), then peel, seed and cut into 1 inch strips. Set aside.
- Cut zucchini diagonally into 1/2 inch slices.
- Cut onion into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Trim stems from mushrooms.
- Rinse eggplant under cold water and pat dry.
- Lightly brush vegetables with oil and grill mushrooms and onions for 8-10 minutes, then eggplant and zucchini for10-15 minutes, until veggies are tender. Set aside separately.
- Make dressing by whisking oil, basil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add mushrooms and turn to coat. Transfer to a large, shallow dish. Repeat with onion, then zucchin, peppers and eggplant, arranging all veggies separately in dish.
- Refrigerate and marinate for 8-24 hours and bring to room temp before serving.
- To serve, arrange veggies and cheese attractively on a platter. If using salami, fold into cornets by overlapping 2 or 3 slices, then folding in half lengthwise before forming into cone shape. Place on platter with other cold cuts and garnish with tomatoes and olives.
- Open a cold beverage and enjoy!