Recipe by Luvs 2 Cook
I got this recipe from CookingLight.com. Sounds like a great way to enjoy an American favorite without heating up the kitchen in the summer. Quick and Easy Pizza Crust #rz.87777
- 4 ounces Italian turkey sausage
- 2 (10 inch) quick-and-easy prepared pizza crust
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup vertically sliced onion
- 1⁄2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove casing from sausage. Cook in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until browned; stir to crumble.
- Drain; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Prepare grill. Place 1 crust on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes or until puffy and golden.
- Turn crust, grill-mark side up, and spread with half of marinara sauce.
- Top with half of sausage, mozzarella, mushrooms, onion, and Parmesan.
- Cover and grill 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese melts and crust is lightly browned.
- Repeat with remaining crust and toppings.