The chicken is lightly coated in the prepared tangy sauce grilled and then placed back in the skillet to coat and cook in the sauce, this recipe also works well with pork chops although you will need to adjust cooking time, this is not a sweet sauce, if you prefer sweeter then increase the brown sugar to taste, I also add in 1 teaspoon liquid smoke to the sauce but that is optional, the sauce made up to a day in advance if desired, cooking time is for chicken only, I most always double this recipe, I have also listed the double amounts after the ingredients, if you are doubling keep the onion at one and use no more than 2 tablespoons fresh garlic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 10 tablespoons ketchup (double use 1-1/4 cup)
- 6 tablespoons honey (double use 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar (double use 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (double use 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (double use 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard (double use 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (double use 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated black pepper (or use 1/4 teaspoon fine black pepper, or to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne (optional or to taste)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and black pepper
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet (or a medium saucepan) over medium heat.
- 2Add in onion and saute for about 3 minutes.
- 3Add in garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- 4Stir in ketchup, honey, brown sugar, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, seasoned salt, paprika and black pepper; bring to a simmer over medium heat, then reduce to low and simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes.
- 5Season with salt to taste, and cayenne (if using).
- 6Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- 7Dip the chicken into the sauce and turn to coat.
- 8Season the chicken with salt and black pepper if desired then place on the grill for about 10-15 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- 9Transfer the chicken to the skillet and simmer in sauce over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grill-To-Skillet Glazed Chicken Breast (Low Fat)
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.6
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 633.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 56.5 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: