Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a local television station. This recipe must chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- 2 cups ore-ida frozen mashed potatoes (firmly packed)
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup light ranch salad dressing or 1⁄2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1⁄2 cup plum tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olives or 1⁄4 cup ripe olives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onions or 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Prepare potatoes according to package directions using 1 cup milk for 6 minutes in microwave (3-4 minutes on stovetop).
- Stir remaining ingredients into potatoes; cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with pita or bagel chips and fresh vegetable dippers, such as wedges of bell peppers, carrots and celery sticks.
- Makes 3 cups.
A nice, different kind of dip although another time I'd like to experiement with it, trying a different drassing & using lemon pepper instead of the S&P! Did use a red bell, chives & ripe olives! Would also make a difference if I'd used home-grown tomatoes, I know! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]