Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Using the Garlic, parsley, lemon mixture really gives a great flavor treat
Make and share this Gremolata Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil (I use Lite)
- To make the gremolata: The ingredients must be hand chopped with a knife.
- Stir together the zest, parsley, garlic and salt.
- Slowly pour in the oil constantly stirring until it is well blended.
- It can be kept covered in the fridge for 3 days.
- Steam the bean until crisp tender.
- While hot, toss with two tablespoons of "Gremolata" and sprinkle with lemon juice
- Serve hot or at room temperature (the lemon juice will turn the beans brown so do not do this ahead of time).
Made this for a large group (triple the recipe). I left out the lemon juice when steaming the green beans. The color was good and the gremolata perfectly seasoned the beans. I'm a green bean fan so I've made several times since and enjoy the leftovers all week. Very fresh taste when made with fresh green beans, but I also made with whole frozen beans and can't tell much difference. Thank you!
Bergy's right...lemon does turn the beans an unattractive color. Even the lemon pepper I used to sub for the lemon juice/rind did.
I had some green beans to use up, so this recipe appealed to me. It turned out quite nice and I might even try it at room temperature or cold for those hot summer days. It has a nice fresh taste that we liked