1/4 Photos of Green Tortilla Chili
Mommy Diva's Note:
This is from the Rachael Ray Show. I am making this tonight for a quick, easy dinner! Will post pictures ASAP! Would be great with a green salad for a figure friendly meal-maybe even a twist on the traditional taco salad??
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 rotisserie-cooked chicken, stripped and shredded or 1 -1 1/2 lb leftover roast cooked turkey, shredded
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) jar tomatillo salsa
- 12 ounces beer, any brand you like (approx size)
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 4 cups tortilla chips, divided (should be approx.4 handfuls)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, to taste (recipe calls for 1 handful)
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1Heat oil over medium-high in a heavy pot.
- 2Add onions, garlic, and jalapeño until soft, approximately 4 minutes.
- 3Toss in chili powder and cumin, and cook for another minute.
- 4Stir in the tomatillo salsa, beer and stock.
- 5Bring to a boil(bubbling) then add the chicken or turkey.
- 6Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 7While that cooks, grind up 2 handfuls of the chips and the cilantro leaves in your food processor, or chop leaves and crush chips with flat of knife if not available.
- 8Stir into the chili and continue to cook until it thickens, about 8-10 minutes.
- 9Remove from heat, add lime juice and spoon into bowls, serve with a side of chips or fresh tortillas.
- 10Garnish with sour cream and shredded cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Tortilla Chili
Serving Size: 1 (464 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.1
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 92.5 mg
- Sodium 410.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 33.6 g