Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of those recipes that I've had for so long, I don't know where it came from. But I love this relish as a sidekick for fried catfish.
- Prepare pint pickling jars per manufacturers directions.
- Coarsely chop tomatoes and onions in batches in a food processor and reserve them.
- Combine vinegar, sugar and salt in a stock pot, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add all vegetables and boil the mixture vigorously for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spoon the relish into prepared, hot jars, leaving 1/2 inch of headspace.
- (Make sure to get some jalapeno slices in each jar).
- Process the jars in a water bath canner for 10 minutes.
- Makes about 6 pints.