Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a spicy, tangy relish that goes great with pot roast, roast pork, just about any meat. It was given to me by a co-worker years ago.
- Combine all in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the tomatoes a tender.
- Time will vary due to the firmness of the tomatoes.
- Should take about 1 hour.
- Pack into hot, sterile jars and seal.
- Let cool completely (I have never found it necessary to use boiling water bath, but feel free to if you feel safe--10 minutes should do it for pint and 6 oz jars).
- If apples are plentiful, they can replace the tomatoes--just as good that way.