1/2 Photos of Green Tea Shortbread Cookies
1 hr 2 mins
I found this recipe on the Culinaryteas.com web site. I'm always on the look out for interesting recipes using green tea, so here it is! Note: the preparation time does not include the time to chill the dough.
My Private Note
dozen s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter in the bowl of an electric standing mixer using the paddle attachment; add confectioner's sugar and salt.
- 2Sift together the tea and flour and add to the butter mixture; mix until just incorporated.
- 3Roll the dough out to about 1/3-inch thick between 2 pieces of plastic wrap; transfer to a baking sheet and chill until firm, at least 30 minutes.
- 4Heat oven to 300 degrees.
- 5Remove top piece of plastic and cut into desired shapes; re-roll excess dough as necessary; transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 6Bake for 16 minutes; rotate pan and bake for another 16 minutes, or until they feel firm when scratched with a fingernail; take care not to let the edges brown; matcha shortbread cookies should maintain their green color.
- 7Cool, and serve with green-tea or ginger ice cream.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Tea Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1080 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 615.7
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.4 g
- Saturated Fat 26.0 g
- Cholesterol 108.4 mg
- Sodium 265.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green tea powder