Lemon-Lime Basil Shortbread Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar (plus more for pressing cookies)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chilled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons basil, fresh chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest, finely grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- sanding sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place flour, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, butter, basil, both zests, lemon juice, and salt in a food processor.
- Pulse until large, moist clumps form.
- Measure level tablespoonfuls of dough; roll between your palms to form balls.
- Place on a large baking sheet, spacing 2" apart.
- Lightly dust the bottom of a flat measuring cup with powdered sugar and press cookies into 2" rounds, dusting cup bottom with powdered sugar as needed to prevent sticking.
- Sprinkle tops of cookies with sanding sugar if you want them sweet.
- Bake until edges are brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack; let cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!