Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Vegetable soup with turnip greens, zuchinni, carrots and lots of fresh herbs
Make and share this Green Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 ounces pancetta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 6 cups water
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 head turnip greens, chopped
- 1 small tomatoes, chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- heat olive oil in stock pot.
- add shallots and panchetta and sautee until soft but not brown.
- add chili flakes, oregano and bouillon cubes. heat 2 minutes stirring.
- add water and bring to boil.
- add carrots bring heat down to simmer and cook for 3 minutes.
- add zuchinni tomato and greens cook 5-7 minutes at a simmer.
- turn off heat and add scallion and herbs.
- ladel into bowls and top with a squeeze of lemon and parmesian to taste.