Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Just like the Mexican Restaurants around here. I like my green sauce creamy, the tomatillos in this recipe keep the avocado from going brown for a couple days in the fridge. It doesn't usually last that long!
- 1⁄2 lb tomatillo, about 5 large ones
- 1⁄2 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- Remove husks and stems from tomatillos. Place whole tomatillos in a sauce pan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Boil 5 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork. Drain the water and allow to cool.
- Place tomatillos, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, and salt in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in sour cream and avocado and blend again until smooth.
This was actually a very tasty green sauce. It was just a little mild for my particular taste, so if you like it hot - you might want to put in some extra jalapeno. Thanks for sharing! Will make it, again!