Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great Fall and Winter salad. You could also use frozen cranberries when fresh cranberries are not available. Found online, adjustments made to suite our tastes.
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 lb mixed salad green
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Arrange almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in oven for 5 minutes, or until nuts begin to brown.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the vinegar, oil, cranberries, mustard, garlic, salt, pepper, and water. Process until smooth
- In a large bowl, toss the almonds, shallot, gorgonzola cheese, and greens with the vinegar mixture until evenly coated.
Very good salad. The dressing was made in the morning and placed in the refrigerator until dinner time. The cranberries were frozen and after being rinsed under water were tossed into the Vita-Mix along with the other dressing ingredients except for the oil. The oil was slowly drizzled in. This produced a very creamy dressing. The salad was a mixture of baby greens, thinly sliced red onion in place of the shallot, a handful of dried cranberries and crumbled feta. Something I would make again. Made for Aussie Swap.
The dressing was a nice way to use cranberries. Healthy and yummy too. Thanks. Made for 123 Hit Wonders game.