Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) packages mixed greens
- 4 thinly sliced chicken, , chopped (, deli meat)
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 dashes garlic powder
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 pinches salt
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- Microwave or saute onion and bell pepper until soft; set aside to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the onion, pepper, salad greens, deli meat and tomato.
- Sprinkle with the onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and salt.
- Toss to mix.
- Pour on enough salad dressing or vinegar to coat, toss again and serve.
I made chili and this salad for dinner. I didn't add the chicken or the onion and added celery salt instead of salt. I didn't add the dressing but let everyone use their own. We all enjoyed this.
I was looking for a different salad when had company the other night and made this one...everyone loved it!!!