- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil or 4 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons butter or 4 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked Minute Rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, saute onions and parsley in oil and butter for 1 minute or until tender.
- Add rice, cook over medium heat until rice is coated with oil and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, cayenne and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer for 18-20 min or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Makes 6 servings.