Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nice side dish, especially good to accompany seafood dishes.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄3 cup minced parsley
- 2⁄3 cup minced raw spinach
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Blend hot cooked rice with remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Put into a greased and floured 2-quart casserole. Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.
Delicious! Reminded me of a savory rice pudding. It lends itself to variations, i.e. different herbs and spices, to go with what ever you are serving. Will be making this again.
We also found this a tad dry, but everyone enjoyed it. I used a combo of white rice and brown rice. What we also enjoyed was the spinach and parsley in this. I left out the salt. Will save this as I would to make again this week, and add a little extra milk, and will update. Made for Zaar`Stars.
I loved this. DH a little bit less. He didn't like the texture. But I liked it and DS also. I omitted the butter and it was great. I didn't use parsley. I didn't add the salt. I'm surprised that DS liked this because of the spinach. Thanks Loof :)