Recipe by Kaarin
This is a versatile side-it's mild and goes well with many main dishes. I use one package of frozen spinach, thawed under warm water and squeezed dry. I've also used swiss chard in this, just be sure to chop very finely or even puree the greens.
Top Review by Outta Here
A nice, easy side for a spicy fish dish. I cut the recipe in half and used a 1 qt. dish. I would saute the onion next time first, because it didn't get quite done enough for us. We like onion not as crunchy. Made for My 3 Chefs game.
- 3 cups cooked white rice, slightly underdone
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup spinach, cooked and very finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder