Recipe by Chef hungry jacque
This is a hearty rice recipe I learned from my friend Jeannie in Laredo Texas. My family has adopted it and is one of our favorites!
- 1 cup rice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large tomatoes (chopped)
- 1⁄2 bell pepper (chopped)
- 1⁄2 small onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro (rinsed, chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 -3 lemons, cut in quarters
- natures seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Add onion and bell pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add rice and sauté for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add enough water to cover completely.
- Add tomato and cilantro nature seasonings and salt. Cover and let simmer till rice is done. Squeeze lemon over it and enjoy!