Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from "River Hills Garden Club Cooks...Favorite Recipes from Vicksburg, MS" (Margaret Lusco). Excellent side dish!
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 -5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (small can)
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice in salted water, drain well.
- Add oil to beaten egg.
- Add this to cooked rice along with milk and mushroom soup; stir.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and parsley; mix.
- Then stir in cheese and sliced mushrooms.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.