Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
An easy oven version of an old favorite. This is excellent with chicken. You can even add leftover chicken to this dish if you like.
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons grated onions or 3 teaspoons green onion tops
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 325F Grease a 2 qt casserole dish Toss spinach and rice together.
- Add eggs, milk, W.
- sauce, onion and salt/pepper Pour into casserole dish and dot with butter.
- Top w/ cheese and bake.
We had a family dinner tonight and had this dish with a stuffed pork loin. It was very good and different from other rice casseroles that I've had before. We added chopped green chiles to it.