Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adopted! No comments from original poster. QDM: I will make this recipe and try to make the instructions a little clearer on amounts and procedures. Am not, however, grating the tomatos. Will do a dice, instead. Will post, after some experimentation. I agree with Lauralie, there is no reason to peel the tomatoes unless you really object to the skins.
- 10 green peppers, cored and seeded
- olive oil (for the frying pan)
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- Wash the peppers well and then drain them.
- Place olive oil in a frying pan and heat the oil.
- Put some salt on the green peppers.
- Place the green peppers in the olive oil.
- Make sure you turn the green peppers over until they are brown on both sides.
- Remove the green peppers from the frying pan.
- Peel the tomato skin off of the tomatoes.
- Grate the two tomatoes.
- Take the two onions and chop into small pieces place in the olive oil until brown.
- Add the grated tomatoes to the onions.
- Take the two garlic cloves chop into small pieces, and then add to the frying pan.
- Add some parsley.
- Place on low and add salt and pepper.
- Now pour the sauce over the green peppers.
I did this in a little different order than the directions stated. Added the onion and garlic to the olive oil and cooked until just tender. Set them aside in a bowl than browned the green peppers just slightly. I didnt peel the tomatoes and chopped them instead of grating. Put the tomatoes, garlic, and onion back in the pan with the green peppers and heated thru. Garnished with the parsley and served with brown rice.