Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so good and such a great way to dress up green peas. Hope you like it.
Make and share this Green Pea Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green peas, drained (use a good brand)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom & garlic soup (this should read Cream of Mushroom Soup with Roasted Garlic but it would not accept it)
- 1 cup sour cream (8 oz)
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, grated (I used 4 cheese Mexican blend but it would not accept that)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Ritz cracker, crushed
- ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- Mix soup, sour cream and 1/3 cup 4 cheese Mexican blend and salt together.
- Fold in peas.
- Spread into an 8X8 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Mix melted butter with cracker crumbs.
- Spread over top of cheese.
- Sprinkle Cayenne pepper over the top if using.
- Bake at 350 Degrees until bubbly and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Gosh this was really good! I also added in some jalapeno peppers, and used 1/2 cup sour cream and 1/2 cup mayo, I also added in a little garlic powder into the mayo mixture, this will go into my favorites to make again soon! thank Nims!...Kitten:)
I used sliced waterchestnuts. Next time I will dice them before putting them in the casserole. Very good.
I really enjoyed the flavors in this casserole and I decided to try it, thinking it would go well with our Easter dinner. I made it yesterday and it will be a perfect accompaniment to the ham, so it's now on my menu for Easter. The only thing I will change is to use lowfat sour cream, and add a splash of milk to thin out the sauce a little bit. I added a pinch of garlic powder to the recipe, and the crunchy topping made a nice contrast in texture to the creamy pea mixture. Yum -- I know my guests will love this as much as we did!