- 1 cup green lentil, soaked overnight (8 oz)
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the lentils in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 45 minutes until soft, drain, then turn into a bowl and mash lightly with a potato masher.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Chill before serving as an accompaniment to a meat or fish dish.