Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe I learned at a cooking course in Thailand
Make and share this Green Curry Paste (Gaeng Kiow Wan) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 long green chilies, chopped
- 10 small green chilies, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemongrass
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic, about 4 cloves
- 1 inch galangal, chopped
- 3 coriander roots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped kaffir lime zest or 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh lime leaves
- 2 teaspoons shrimp paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Using a mortar and pestle or a grinder, blend all the ingredients together until they form a smooth paste.
- This will make approximately 3 tablespoons.
Excellent Green Curry Paste! I put everything in the blender and mashed all the ingredients together for about five mins. I lifted the lid up and when I opened it up the Thai aromas wafted out. Smelt just like Thailand to me and tasted like Thailand. Thank you Latchy for nice memories and RIP.